execution fault

Chris Atwood chatwood2@mac.com
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 22:07:08 -0400

Today I installed rdiff-backup on 4 of my machines, 3 clients and 1
backup 'server'.  Two of the clients are Mac OS X machines, the other
client is a x86 gentoo (a linux distro) box.  The server is a ppc
gentoo machine.

rdiff-backup runs great on all of them except the x86 gentoo box.  I
get this error whenever I execute rdiff-backup

******
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/bin/rdiff-backup", line 21, in ?
     import rdiff_backup.Main
   File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/rdiff_backup/Main.py", line
14, in ?
     from log import *
   File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/rdiff_backup/log.py", line
168, in ?
     import Globals, Main
   File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/rdiff_backup/Globals.py", line
277, in ?
     from rpath import * # kludge to avoid circularity - not needed in
this module
   File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/rdiff_backup/rpath.py", line
837, in ?
     import FilenameMapping
   File
"/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/rdiff_backup/FilenameMapping.py",
line 22, in ?
     from robust import *
   File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/rdiff_backup/robust.py", line
673, in ?
     import Time, Rdiff, librsync
   File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/rdiff_backup/Rdiff.py", line
18, in ?
     import os, librsync
   File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/rdiff_backup/librsync.py",
line 18, in ?
     import _librsync, types, array
ImportError: librsync.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory
*********

Since my two gentoo boxes are very similar I when through looking for
difference between them.  On both librsync.so files are in the same
place (/usr/local/lib and
/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/rdiff_backup/_librsync.so), both have
python 2.2.1, both have librsync 0.9.5.1 installed.  The only
difference I could find is that my x86 box (the broken machine) had a
not.

So my question is: Is the ImportError above related to the different
popt verisons? Can rdiff-backup run with a normal popt library?

Thanks for all your help.

Chris Atwood