execution fault

Ben Escoto bescoto@stanford.edu
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 21:06:11 -0700

--==_Exmh_1439584228P

  CA> line 18, in ?  import _librsync, types, array ImportError:
  CA> librsync.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
  CA> directory *********

  CA> Since my two gentoo boxes are very similar I when through
  CA> looking for difference between them.  On both librsync.so files
  CA> are in the same place (/usr/local/lib and
  CA> /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/rdiff_backup/_librsync.so),
  CA> both have python 2.2.1, both have librsync 0.9.5.1 installed.
  CA> The only difference I could find is that my x86 box (the broken
  CA> machine) had a previous install of popt on it (version 1.6.3),
  CA> and the ppc server did not.

Just to clarify, you have librsync.so.1 in /usr/local/lib on both
computers?  There was no complaint about _librsync.so, an rdiff-backup
file, so probably that is being found fine.  Does 'rdiff' work?  If
not then it is a librsync problem.

  CA> So my question is: Is the ImportError above related to the
  CA> different popt verisons? Can rdiff-backup run with a normal popt
  CA> library?

I don't think rdiff-backup should have anything to do with popt.

--
Ben Escoto

--==_Exmh_1439584228P

--==_Exmh_1439584228P--