File selection and remote backup

Ben Escoto bescoto@stanford.edu
Tue, 21 May 2002 17:41:02 -0700

  >> rdiff-backup --include /home/mysql --include /home/sites \
  >> --exclude /home primary-backup::/home bakupdir

  BE> This gives me exactly the same error, as it does when I drop one
  BE> of the includes.

  BE> Could this be a platform or version thing? I'm using 0.6.1 on
  BE> MacOS X, but everything seems to work fine otherwise..

Hmm, the --include stuff was added in v0.7.2, so it seems like the
error message you should have gotten in 0.6.1 is "Unrecognized command
line option".  But apparently the getopt module allows switches to be
abbreviated if there is no ambiguity (I just noticed this "feature"
now, not sure I like it...) and that is why you got a confusing error
message.

    So either figure out how to do what you want only using --exclude,
or upgrade to 0.7.5.

--
Ben Escoto