0.7.5 released

Ben Escoto bescoto@stanford.edu
Tue, 21 May 2002 17:25:40 -0700

--==_Exmh_-734688315P

This is just a bug fix release.  The worst bug was added in 0.7.3 or
0.7.4 and made it impossible to resume many aborted backups.  Someone
mailed me saying they were working on clearing up the error correction
stuff, so if that comes in I will add it to the next release.

New in v0.7.5 (2002/05/21)
--------------------------

Fixed resuming bug.

After a bit of empirical testing, increased Globals.conn_bufsize and
enabled ssh compression by default (and also added
--ssh-no-compression option).  This should speed up the "typical"
remote session.

Fixed bug noticed by Dean Gaudet in processing of
--(include|exclude)-filelist[-stdin] options when source directory was
remote.

Fixed --include error reporting bug reported by Ben Edwards.

Small change so 'door' files and other unknown file types will be
ignored.  (Thanks for Steve Simitzis for sending in a patch for this.)

Fixed bug noticed by Dean Gaudet where, unless the
--change-source-perms option is specified, rdiff-backup wouldn't even
attempt to open files lacking ownership permissions.

--==_Exmh_-734688315P

--==_Exmh_-734688315P--