Can't stat -t problem

Ben Escoto bescoto@stanford.edu
Wed, 09 Jan 2002 09:10:06 -0800

--==_Exmh_1515167664P

  MW> Hi Ben, I have checked and am pretty sure there are no dev files
  MW> being backed up, this is the command line i am using:

  MW> I will have an extra check to see if there are any other dev
  MW> files about but it is a plain webserver without anything special
  MW> running.

Did you ever find the device file?  (You can see which file
rdiff-backup objects to by setting to a high verbosity, like 7.)  If
there really are no device files then there must be some logic error
in rdiff-backup.

    Also, the newest version has an --ignore-device-files option, so
if it is messing up device files, you can just tell it to ignore all
of them.

--
Ben Escoto

--==_Exmh_1515167664P