"/" dir backup

Ben Escoto bescoto@stanford.edu
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 21:34:11 -0800

--==_Exmh_-625782901P

  docv> It connects to both boxes but then this is what I get;

  docv> sh: stat: command not found Traceback (most recent call last):

In order to copy device files, rdiff-backup tries using the 'stat'
command to figure out the major/minor numbers and the 'mknod' command
to make the device.  This only works if your stat and mknod are
compatible with linux's.  You don't seem to have a 'stat' at all (why
not?), so I suggest you exclude your device directory ("--exclude
/dev") or use the new --exclude-device-files option.

    There's a bug in the current version that makes
--exclude-device-files fail when the remote side is the reading side
(?).  I posted a bugfix patch to the list for this a while ago, but
there hasn't been a new release since.

--
Ben Escoto

--==_Exmh_-625782901P