a question for inhomgenous environments

dean gaudet dean-list-rdiff-backup@arctic.org
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 09:07:08 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 28 Aug 2002, Ben Escoto wrote:

>   TP> By the way: Do you have experience how fast the
>   TP> rdiff-backup-data directory for the diff-files grows?
>
> Well, I only have much experience with my own backup set (root of
> personal linux system).  Here are statistics for a typical increment:

here's a tarball of the session_statistics files for my daily backups of
twinlark.arctic.org -- ~100 user multiuser web/mail system with 66GB of
data.

<http://arctic.org/~dean/rdiff-backup/twinlark-stats.tar.gz>

i'm on a modem right now or i'd whip up a perl script and make some nice
conclusions from the data :)  but i figured i'd post in case it helps.

-dean