cd-burning/tapeing rdiff-backups?

Ben Escoto bescoto@stanford.edu
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 09:20:10 -0700

--==_Exmh_-846605373P

  GZ> Hi, my rdiff-backups are on an IDE-HD.  Every once in a while i
  GZ> want to burn them on CD.

  GZ> Am I right, that i must burn the whole backup folder (mirror +
  GZ> rdiff-increments)?

  GZ> Since the mirror until now nearly fills a CD i had to burn it
  GZ> very often so mirror and increments fit on one CD.

  GZ> Is there a way of having only increments on the CD?

If I understand the question correctly, yes, you must save both
increments and the mirror information in order to restore older
backups.  rdiff-backup probably isn't a good way to incrementally back
up to CDRs or to tape (although it might work to use rdiff-backup to a
hard drive and then periodicallly do a full backup of that hard drive
to CDs or tape).

--
Ben Escoto

--==_Exmh_-846605373P