best way to mirror (not backup)

Bryce C bryce8080@yahoo.com
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 15:01:50 -0700 (PDT)

[Note: I'm being a bit lazy not looking this up for
myself - feel free to ignore - I'm just hoping that
perhaps someone has already done this and is in a
talkative mood to discuss the issue]

Hi all,

I have been using rdiff-backup to backup servers now
for a month or so (works great!).

However, I currently need to mirror one server to
another (we are removing the old server and I need to
copy all of /home/* over).

I plan to do a complete mirror and then right before
the move do another mirror to get to get the latest
changes to the disk.

My question is this:

Can anyone recommend the best command-line to do this?

Would it be best to just do a backup and then delete
the rdiff-backup-data dir right before I make the new
server live?

Does anyone have any advice or know of any gotcha's I
should watch out for. I'd like the new servers home
dirs to look as identical to the old ones as possible.
I want to avoid a bunch of question about why there
are extra files in their dir, etc. if rdiff-backup
leaves some extra files around.

[again please note: I'm being a bit lazy not looking
this up for myself - feel free to ignore - I'm just
hoping that perhaps someone has already done this and
is in a talkative mood to discuss the issue]

Thanks!