First/best backend for duplicity?

Ben Escoto bescoto@stanford.edu
Sun, 04 Aug 2002 23:02:04 -0700

--==_Exmh_1567073814P

Hi all, suppose I wanted to let someone store files on my computer,
what would be the best/easiest/most secure way to set this up?  The
one catch is that the files wouldn't be produced in advance, so some
kind of streaming interface is required.  Oh, and besides writing
files, it would be nice to be able to read those files, and also list
the files that are written.

    ssh's sftp looks good, but I'm not sure the default setup can send
files that aren't already written on the local drive.  Access to a
full shell would open up a lot of possibilities, but wouldn't be very
secure.  Advice?

--
Ben Escoto

--==_Exmh_1567073814P