Settime_bypass problem ?

Ben Escoto bescoto@stanford.edu
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 13:59:53 -0700

--==_Exmh_-1401344652P

  EB> Hi rdiff-backupper, I am trying to test rdiff-backup (about 12
  EB> GB data), but after a lot of files transferred without problems,
  EB> I get 600 MB of log saying always the same things each time for
  EB> a new file (or dir), wich will be nevertheless copied over :

  EB> home/tata/d/___BACKUP/rdiff-backup-0.7.2/rdiff-backup
  EB> --change-source-perms --force --exclude-device-files --exclude
  EB> /a --exclude /b --exclude /proc --exclude /compat --exclude
  EB> /usr/compat / /b/essai-rdiff

  EB> The problem is partly repeatable, but not always at the same
  EB> point of the tree.

Apologies if you get two copies of this message.  I accidently pressed
some random key combo in emacs and who knows what happened.  Anyway,
the problem seems to have something to do with the
--change-source-perms option.  Are you running as root?  If so you
don't need that option, at least under linux.  If it works ok without
that option that would be a useful clue.

--
Ben Escoto

--==_Exmh_-1401344652P

--==_Exmh_-1401344652P--