regexp support

Louis-David Mitterrand vindex@apartia.org
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 11:46:30 +0200

Hi,

Using version 0.6.0-1 on debian/unstable I noticed the regexps in
--exclude have a strange behaviour:

'\.exe$' will not exclude file.exe even though I did not give any start
anchor, one have to write '.*\.exe$' which seems a bit counter-intuitive
as regexps should match partially.

Also, is there a way of making exclude regexps case-insensitive? It
would be really useful for backing up Windows partitions where one find
such junk as file.DoC, file.EXe, etc. Exclude patterns would be much
simpler and more readable with '\.(exe|sys)$' than
'.*\.([eE][xX][eE]|[sS][yY][sS])$'

Cheers,

--
    PHEDRE: J'ai voulu, devant vous exposant mes remords,
            Par un chemin plus lent descendre chez les morts.