Front end for rdiff-backup

Ben Escoto bescoto@stanford.edu
Sun, 07 Apr 2002 12:18:56 -0700

--==_Exmh_1812931529P

  TH> The nice thing about rdiff-backup being a command-line utility
  TH> is that users can choose how to run it. For example, many
  TH> different front-ends could be made. I'm thinking about writing a
  TH> simple KDE front end for rdiff-backup. Or has someone started a
  TH> front end already? Let me know, so I can go ahead if one hasn't
  TH> been done before.

Thank you for the kind words (omitted above).  About the front-end, I
think it might be a good idea.  Although someone a while ago mentioned
writing a front-end (his plan was to backup users' accounts using
rdiff-backup and then let them restore their files using a web front
end) I haven't heard about it since and assume not much work has been
done.

    It would be nice to somehow make it easier to restore an old
increment.  For me, backing up at the command line seems fine, but
occasionally when I restore it seems a graphical and cleaned-up view
of the rdiff-backup-data dir would make things easier.

--
Ben Escoto

--==_Exmh_1812931529P

--==_Exmh_1812931529P--