CIFS/SMB resource deadlock

Ben Escoto bescoto@stanford.edu
Sat, 07 Sep 2002 23:09:56 -0700

--==_Exmh_159740932P

  T> I have only one additional concern with rdiff-backup.  It has to
  T> do with exclusive write-locks on Windows shares.  Mainly MS
  T> Outlook files.

  T> This seems to cause rdiff-backup to die when it reaches those
  T> files with a "resource deadlock avoided" error.

  T> I was wondering if instead of dying you could issue an error and
  T> continue starting with the next file.

What is the error message?  Is it an OSError/IOError type EDEADLK (#35
on my system)?  rdiff-backup continues on some errors (like permission
denied, file no longer exists, etc.) and exits prematurely on others.
It shouldn't be hard to add EDEADLK to the list...

--
Ben Escoto

--==_Exmh_159740932P

--==_Exmh_159740932P--