--bwlimit how to

Ben Escoto bescoto@stanford.edu
Wed, 04 Sep 2002 09:50:20 -0700

--==_Exmh_-1946398504P

  T> I'm wracking my brain trying to determine what the difference
  T> between that and the last option would be, if any.

  BE> If ssh compression is enabled, this could result in rdiff-backup
  BE> being limited by a much lower real network rate than intended...
  BE> If you are making comparisons, remember that by default
  BE> rdiff-backup enables ssh compression (this is overridden by the
  BE> --remote-schema option).

Sorry, I just realized this is totally wrong.  With compression
enabled, it looks like there is no way (using cstream) to correctly
bandwidth limit, since the actual compressed traffic only occurs
between the ssh client and sever, and not over any pipe (duh).

    Perhaps some kind of proxy/port redirector could do it though.

--
Ben Escoto

--==_Exmh_-1946398504P

--==_Exmh_-1946398504P--