0.4.4 and exclude-device-files

mike wolman mike@nux.co.uk
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 20:35:12 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Ben,

I have just replace rdiff-backup on the the backup server and the machine
causing a problem,

I have tried the "exclude-device-files" option but this did not work,
and your email said ignore-device-files so i looked at the source to
check while i was there i decided to try a quick fix:

        def _getdevnums(self):
                """Return tuple for special file (major, minor)"""
        #       if Globals.exclude_device_files:
                        # No point in finding numbers because it will be excluded anyway
                return ()

        #       cmdline = "stat -t %s" % self.quote()
        #       statpipe = self.conn.os.popen(cmdline)
        #       statoutputlist = statpipe.read().split()
        #       if statpipe.close(): raise RPathException("Error running " + cmdline)
        #       return tuple(map(lambda x: int(x, 16), statoutputlist[9:11]))

I know this clobbers backing up any dev files but MAKEDEV will sort them
out if required.

I am not that familiar with python but had a run though and could not see
why option is not being passed to _getdevnums.

Not much of a patch.

Mike.