Problems with 0.10.0 on Windows

Ben Escoto bescoto@stanford.edu
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 10:01:49 -0700

--==_Exmh_-786026832P

  PE> And prompty died half an hour later, this time it puked the
  PE> following error-log:
  PE> Exception '' raised of class 'exceptions.MemoryError':

  PE> The memory has been checked (memtestx86) and there was at the
  PE> time about 100 MB of free physical memory. The python2.2 process
  PE> used about 250 MB when it died, this had been buildin up slowly
  PE> from the start.

MemoryError is python's out of memory error (some problem with
malloc).  And 250MB is too much memory, unless you are doing something
unusual.  For others 30MB is enough to handle a couple million files..
Didn't you mention earlier that one of the librsync patches didn't
work for you?  I mailed the person I thought wrote that patch about it
but haven't heard from him yet.

--
Ben Escoto

--==_Exmh_-786026832P