Problem with Rdiff-backup V.95 and large files

Ben Escoto bescoto@stanford.edu
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 10:53:09 -0700

--==_Exmh_-193066256P

  DG> rdiff-backup 0.8.0 doesn't have problems with a 4GiB file for
  DG> me...  the problem could be the rsync library.  it needs to be
  DG> properly compiled (and i'm forgetting the right #define at the
  DG> moment... it's somewhere in features.h)... and if you strace it
  DG> you should see things such as:

  DG> open("foo", O_WRONLY|O_CREAT|O_TRUNC|O_LARGEFILE, 0666) = 1

  DG> with the O_LARGEFILE in there.

Hmm, but he seemed to be running 0.9.x, and there librsync only
operates on buffers, never directly on an actual file.

    Looking more closely at Python's code, I see that I may have been
using the wrong stat structure.  Are you running some version of
Windows by any chance John?  I notice that the Wine header files on my
computer provide a _stati64 structure which has an st_size field of
type __int64.

    I would have never guessed stat()ing a file was so complicated...

--
Ben Escoto

--==_Exmh_-193066256P

--==_Exmh_-193066256P--