Problem with Rdiff-backup V.95 and large files

Ben Escoto bescoto@stanford.edu
Mon, 09 Sep 2002 23:01:24 -0700

--==_Exmh_-88641489P

  JB> Hello, I am running rdiff-backup on a redhat 7.3 with python
  JB> 2.2.1 and when I try to backup my directory I get the following
  JB> error:

  JB> Exception '[Errno 75] Value too large for defined data type'
  JB> raised of class 'exceptions.OSError':

  JB> I only have 1 file in my directory, but it is quite large (32
  JB> GB).  I have tried smaller files on this machine and it works
  JB> fine.  Is this problem related to the old 2 GB file size limit?
  JB> Has anyone found a workaround?

When writing the C module, I tried to follow closely the built-in
python code.  So I'd be curious to know if python itself handles your
situation correctly.  If the large file is named "largefile", you can
check this by typing the following into python:

>>> import os, stat
>>> os.stat("largefile")[stat.ST_SIZE]

The output should be the length of the file.

--
Ben Escoto

--==_Exmh_-88641489P

--==_Exmh_-88641489P--