No change to directories but mirrors incremented

Ben Escoto bescoto@stanford.edu
Thu, 05 Sep 2002 01:14:55 -0700

--==_Exmh_-175720116P

  TA> I have noticed that two directories (out of several hundred)
  TA> give this each time, although no files have changed within the
  TA> directories:
  TA> The Modify times are the same, and the permissions. As you can
  TA> probably tell from the dirname, this isn't a directory I'd ever
  TA> expect to be changing!

Ahh, found the problem.  They were marked as different because their
sizes were different.  This is a sensible thing to check with regular
files, but gets the wrong results with directories obviously.

    Fixed in CVS, will include in next release.  I wanted to make the
next release 1.0, but was hoping the librsync people would release
first so we wouldn't have to depend on 0.9.5.1..  Hmm...

--
Ben Escoto

--==_Exmh_-175720116P

--==_Exmh_-175720116P--