restore problems

Pavlos Parissis p_pavlos@freemail.gr
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 18:55:19 +0300

On Sun, 01 Sep 2002 15:56:32 -0700 Ben Escoto <bescoto@stanford.edu> wrote:
>  >>>>> "PP" == Pavlos Parissis <p_pavlos@freemail.gr>
>  >>>>> wrote the following on Sun, 1 Sep 2002 22:24:53 +0300
>
>    PP> OK that's good.  ABout the issue how can i restore the files,any
>    PP> ideas?
>
>  Well, I thought I answered that in my previous email (I think I
>  basically said "use cp").  If not tell me what is wrong.
I was thinking that there is an option for that action,but as i can see there isn't.
But think that scenario, monday i do full backup and next day the first incremental backup,
and the same for the third day,second incremental backup.In third day evening someone delete
several files from several directories.So i am facing a situation that i have to restore
"unknow files".How can your program help me to recover only the deleted files?

The first think that i can do is to find the corresponding increment files,hard way,
and restore them. Secondly, to restore "1" day before in order to have the previous
mirror. But will this destroy the newer files?The files which i changed the third day
just before the disaster.
So how can i recover these files with rdiff-backup?

Thanks in advance,
Pavlos

I love having the feeling of being in control
while i have the sensation of speed

The surfer of life