script for determining space consumed by increments

Donovan Baarda abo@minkirri.apana.org.au
Thu, 16 May 2002 19:30:34 +1000

On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 01:12:33AM -0700, Ben Escoto wrote:

>   >> Yep, rdiff-backup is almost totally unoptimized, so a lot could
>   >> be done...
>
>   DB> I'm hoping to do something about that...
>
> Hmm, sounds ominous.  Were you thinking of doing anything in
> particular?

I have a cleaner version of the rolling checksum code that is 2~3x faster,
for a start.

I posted a list of things that could be fixed to the rproxy list a while
ago. I'm looking at implementing them now. Depending on when/if I get
developer access on SF, I'll either post it all as a patch, or release a new
version of librsync.

ABO: finger abo@minkirri.apana.org.au for more info, including pgp key