understanding docs correctly

docv docv@sbcglobal.net
Fri, 08 Mar 2002 16:01:16 -0600

Ben,

On the rdiff-backup website it says that it does not read or write data
files, what exactly does this mean? Are data files not backedup?

My intended use for rdiff-backup is to have an off-site copy of the HD
from a web server. The backup/copy needs to be such that the HD I back
it up to can be pulled from my box here, shipped to the server box
location and installed without having to do a bunch of reconfiguring. I
will mount a separate HD in my destination box and use it as the target
dir for the backup.

Will rdiff-back do this? I thought it would, but after reading the
website, now I'm not sure.

--
Steve
docv@sbcglobal.net

In a world without walls and fences there is no need for windows nor gates.

You can not solve problems with the same level of thinking
that existed when the problems were created.
--Dr. Albert Einstein

Usted no puede solucionar problemas con el nivel del mismo
de manera de pensar tan existido cuando el problemas
fueron creados.
--Dr. Albert Einstein

President/CEO
Consultant's Publishing Services, LLC
http://www.cpsinfo.com

http://www.vaitl.net
===============================
Stephen W. Vaitl, D.C.
Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician
Certified Chiropractic Extremity Practitioner
Assistant Professor, Department of Chiropractic Sciences
Assistant Professor, Department of Diagnosis
Former Director of Rehabilitation Services
Cleveland Chiropractic College - Kansas City
6401 Rockhill Rd.
Kansas City, MO  64131

The opinions expressed, in the original post, are those of the author.