my problems continue

Ben Escoto bescoto@stanford.edu
Sun, 03 Mar 2002 00:24:34 -0800

--==_Exmh_-439554893P

  SV> OK, I have put an older box on line that is running RH7.1 and am
  SV> using it as my "source" box. My "destination" box is also a
  SV> RH7.1 (both stock kernel installs). I have attached a txt file
  SV> containing the error output from my latest testing.

  SV> I thought everything was working fine and most of the drive was
  SV> backed up, but prior to completion, it errored out.
  >> Read from remote host 65.70.150.68: Connection reset by peer

I don't think this is a problem with rdiff-backup, but rather a
network problem.  I get it sometimes when web browsing.  I don't think
there is anything I can do, because rdiff-backup depends on ssh for a
working connection between the two computers.

    I did a brief search using google for ssh's "connection reset by
peer" error, but all I found where a bunch of people wondering what it
was for.  So if anyone here knows what exactly would prompt ssh to
display this message, please enlighten me.

--
Ben Escoto

--==_Exmh_-439554893P

--==_Exmh_-439554893P--