problem with rdiff-backup-0.5.1

Ben Escoto bescoto@stanford.edu
Sun, 03 Mar 2002 00:15:39 -0800

--==_Exmh_-468870618P

  AA> 1) if I run rdiff-backup as a regular user, the script crashes
  AA> when it runs into a file that cannot read.  I thought you had
  AA> changed the code a while back to skip these cases?

Yep, I thought I did.  There was definitely at least one new problem
as of v0.5.0 because of the way it handled temp files.  Anyway, it
should be fixed in 0.5.2.

  AA> 2) when I resumed rdiff-backup as root, I was hoping it would go
  AA> ahead and continue where it left off, but instead I get this
  AA> obscure error (this seems to happen at the very first file it is
  AA> considering):

Hmm, I think it's obscure too :)  I changed around some of the
checkpointing and error correction stuff, so it's possible that's
fixed now, but I didn't isolate your (second) exact problem.

--
Ben Escoto

--==_Exmh_-468870618P

--==_Exmh_-468870618P--