problem with rdiff-backup-0.5.1

Ben Escoto bescoto@stanford.edu
Fri, 01 Mar 2002 01:23:30 -0800

--==_Exmh_-1200934728P

  >> Yep, a new bug.  The enclosed patch should fix it.  I also added
  >> a test case for this on my end so hopefully this won't come up
  >> later..

  SV> OK, for those of us (or perhaps just me) who are unaware, how is
  SV> this patch used? Is the text to be inserted into the
  SV> rdiff-backup script? If so, where?

Check the man files for "diff" and "patch".  A patch is a file which
tells the diff program how to modify some existing file (it can also
work with multiple files, etc., but that is the basic idea).  You can
also often read a patch by sight - the lines starting with "-" mean to
remove that line from the original file, and the ones starting with
"+" mean to add it.

    To apply a patch you usually just change to the right directory
and type in:

patch < patchfile

In this case I just posted the patch in case someone needed it right
away (probably because they were running rdiff-backup not as root and
trying to backup files they don't own).  I'll release v0.5.2 as soon
as I look at a couple of things, maybe this weekend.

--
Ben Escoto

--==_Exmh_-1200934728P

--==_Exmh_-1200934728P--