Installation

Ben Escoto bescoto@stanford.edu
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 12:27:06 -0700

--==_Exmh_1124359152P

  SC> I'm trying to install rdiff-backup.rpm and I'm having a
  SC> problem. I've got two versions of python installed: python1 is
  SC> python-1.5.2 and python2 is python-2.2.1. The rdiff-backup
  SC> installer is telling me I need python >= 2.2.1. How do I get it
  SC> to find and use the installation of python2.2? Thanks.

Unfortunately different rpm-based distributions (e.g. Mandrake,
Redhat) have decided to package python 2.x differently so a single RPM
cannot install and operate cleanly on all simultaneously.  See FAQ
question 5 (http://rdiff-backup.stanford.edu/FAQ.html#redhat) about
redhat installation.

    Now (in 0.9.x) I'm making redhat-compatible RPMs, so in the future
it'll only be a problem for Mandrake and other users..

--
Ben Escoto

--==_Exmh_1124359152P

--==_Exmh_1124359152P--