0.9.0 Much Faster!

Ben Escoto bescoto@stanford.edu
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 03:02:01 -0700

--==_Exmh_973485128P

  VA> 0.9.0 Much Faster!The only problem is, that when I include some
  VA> stuff, so only the first include works:

  VA> --include=something1 --include=something2 --include=something3

  VA> The something2 and something3 will not be backed up...
  VA> when I  run something like this:   rdiff-backup --force
  VA> --exclude-device-files --include=/home2/*/folder1 --exclude=/
  VA> / userid@1.2.3.4::/myback   then it will DELETE   /myback
  VA> folder .

Ouch, I tried briefly to duplicate these errors with the current
version (0.9.1) and couldn't.  Could you tell me if you get the
problem on all directories or just some, and whether or not the
problem shows up locally, or only remotely?

    rdiff-backup will try to delete the destination directory when
(and hopefully only when) you use the --force switch and it thinks
that the destination path exists, but is not a directory.  I don't
know why it would have thought that in your case, when it obviously
was a directory, but there were some errors in the C statting code,
and I guess C type errors can lead in theory to any behavior
whatsoever?

    So anyway if you can recreate the error with 0.9.1, let me know
how.  Thanks.

--
Ben Escoto

--==_Exmh_973485128P