Rdiff-Backup and Samba

Ben Escoto bescoto@stanford.edu
Sun, 16 Jun 2002 15:24:28 -0700

--==_Exmh_574804661P

  JD> Another day... another problem..  I think i sorted the symlink
  JD> issue.. got a hole new barf though..

  JD> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'set_iter'

  JD> Any Ideas?...

Yeah, that's just a bug..  I guess I really need a test case for the
'-m' switch...  (But probably no one uses -m anyway, except by
mistake.)

  JD> i think the symlinks are the root of all my problems.. is there
  JD> a way of running it with..

  JD> A) no symlinks or B) the rdiff-backup-data dir stored other than
  JD> int he root of the folder (ie not on the samba share)

  JD> I'm thinking windows is having issues with the symlinks

Well, you may want to try --checkpoint-interval 0 to turn off
checkpointing, because rdiff-backup uses a symlink to point to the
last file processed when checkpointing.  However, this will impair
somewhat rdiff-backup error handling ability, so only use this if
rdiff-backup works consistently for you.

    If there are symlinks used in other places which I forget, then I
think there is nothing else that can be currently done.

    Is Windows' file system fully case sensitive and can it handle
long file names?  If not you are going to have other, probably
insurmountable, problems..

--
Ben Escoto

--==_Exmh_574804661P