0.7.6 slower than 0.6.1

Ben Escoto bescoto@stanford.edu
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 18:57:35 -0700

--==_Exmh_-1001883039P

  KS> Do you think compressing the diffs is adding extra time?  Can
  KS> this be turned off (my destination disk is 6G bigger that the
  KS> source dir of 18G and I delete increments after 7D).  As a
  KS> thought are the diffs compressed at source or destination end?
  KS> I would hope destination, or else I'd guess that the compression
  KS> on the ssh link is going to make them bigger(?)

That's probably not the problem, but it can be turned off
(--no-compression-regexp '.*').  There are two separate kinds of diffs
used by rdiff-backup.  The first are the reverse diffs that are
written to the increments directory.  They never travel through ssh.
The second are forwards diffs used to update the old mirror files on
the destination directory.  These only get compressed by ssh (or not
at all, if --ssh-no-compressed in used).

--
Ben Escoto

--==_Exmh_-1001883039P

--==_Exmh_-1001883039P--