--bwlimit option?

Ben Escoto bescoto@stanford.edu
Wed, 05 Jun 2002 17:48:30 -0700

--==_Exmh_26155693P

  NL> Is there any work on a --bwlimit (rate limiter) option in rdiff?

You mean in rdiff-backup?  Someone asked about this before, but there
wasn't much discussion.  My thought that all is required is to limit
how much data passes through the pipe to ssh, and that there is
nothing rdiff-backup specific about the situation at all.  Given that,
perhaps it might be best to use a 3rd party utility instead of
building this functionality into rdiff-backup.  Then, perhaps later a
special --bwlimit type switch could be added which just passes some
parameter to this other utility, the way --ssh-no-compression does
now.

    But if this is the wrong approach for some reason then it seems
more code and special switches should be added to rdiff-backup.

--
Ben Escoto

--==_Exmh_26155693P

--==_Exmh_26155693P--