misc newbee questions

Johan Aberg johan.aberg@fido.se
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 23:59:00 +0100

Hi!

Some things I've run into:

I want to backup once an hour all files that ends with .mb, .ma, .aep. Is there a way I can tell rdiff-backup to do only do that?

Is cron the way to go when using rdiff-backup automaticly?

I've tried to run rdiff-backup through remote access. Like this:
rdiff-backup /some/local-dir hostname.net::/whatever/remote-dir

I have to manually enter the password for root. I just can't get ssh to automaticly enter the password. Does anyone have a good howto page to point me to to help me get this to work.

Only if I do the remote option, rdiff is used when doing backups, is that right? If I've mounted the directory with NFS that I want to backup, rdiff-backup will not be as efficient, not doing this rdiff thing? Have I got it right?

Thanks for a great application!

-johan