More questions

docv docv@sbcglobal.net
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 17:20:35 -0600

Ben,

I am running v0.5.1 as I write this (and so far it appears to be working
correctly), however I have acouple of other questions:

1.) I am getting 2 different messages from the program as it runs;

Found socket, ignoring (I would think this is no big deal,  aren't the
sockets files more or less temp files anyway?)

multiple files and/or directories which return an error that no read or
exec permissions.....skipping.

I am logging in to both boxes as root, how can a file not be readable by
root? I don't understand that one.

2.) How can I set rdiff-backup to run as a cron job automatically at the
off peak hours? I do know how to set up cron jobs, but how to I get
rdiff-backup to log in to the boxes without me having to manually input
the passwords? Is that possible?

Again, thanks for your help and your patients!!!! I've seen on other
lists were newbies who ask questions such as these are torn to shreds
adn chastized by those who have years of daily experience with
administering linux systems.

--
Steve
docv@sbcglobal.net

In a world without walls and fences there is no need for windows nor gates.

You can not solve problems with the same level of thinking
that existed when the problems were created.
--Dr. Albert Einstein

Usted no puede solucionar problemas con el nivel del mismo
de manera de pensar tan existido cuando el problemas
fueron creados.
--Dr. Albert Einstein

President/CEO
Consultant's Publishing Services, LLC
http://www.cpsinfo.com

http://www.vaitl.net
===============================
Stephen W. Vaitl, D.C.
Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician
Certified Chiropractic Extremity Practitioner
Assistant Professor, Department of Chiropractic Sciences
Assistant Professor, Department of Diagnosis
Former Director of Rehabilitation Services
Cleveland Chiropractic College - Kansas City
6401 Rockhill Rd.
Kansas City, MO  64131

The opinions expressed, in the original post, are those of the author.