Bug with binary file backup.

Dan Sturtevant dsturtev@plogic.com
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 19:00:36 -0500 (EST)

Ben,

Let me revise what I just said.

The only file that produced this problem had the same timestamp.  This is
because it was the boot288.img on a cd.  We modify it by mounting it
loopback and changing a file inside it.  This meant that although the file
is changing, the inode's time is not.  I have updated our scripts to touch
the .img file each time.  Other than that, it appears that going with an
earlier time works.

I haven't evaluated it for long, but this package looks great.  Thanks.

BTW, how robust is it in terms of dealing with symlinks?  Does this
operate in the same way an rsync -a?

Thanks,
Dan