Bug with binary file backup.

Dan Sturtevant dsturtev@plogic.com
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 16:40:50 -0500 (EST)

Thanks in advance for the help.

I just began trying to use rdiff-backup today.  It seems to fit my needs
very well.

I did have one problem.  Given ./dirA/ and ./dirB/ directories and binary
files ./dirA/bin.img and ./dirB/bin.img.

I do: rdiff-backup ./dirA ./backup

Then: rdiff-backup ./dirB ./backup

./backup at this point should be identical to ./dirB with the exception of
the existence of the ./backup/rdiff-backup-data.

However, if a binary file present under ./dirA and ./dirB has the same
name, path, and filesize, it is not replaced.  I then have a tree that is
identical to ./dirB except for the binary file from dirA.

If I remove the ./backup/rdiff-backup-data directory and just do a
diff --recursive ./dirB ./backup it lists the file as different

Is there a way around this problem?

Thanks,
Dan Sturtevant