long names gotcha

Jamie Heilman jamie@audible.transient.net
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 12:14:04 -0700

> rdiff-backup just skip any files whose names are too long.  After all,
> obviously any file with such a long name couldn't be very important!

Heh, in this case that was actually true.

>     Do you know how to get the system maximum by any chance?  Or just
> do a:

I don't know, I was kinda hoping it would be part of some sys
structure somewhere in python.  Its generally part of limits.h, I'm
not finding in it in the os or sys modules though, maybe somebody with
deeper python zen can find it.

--
Jamie Heilman                   http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"I was in love once -- a Sinclair ZX-81.  People said, "No, Holly, she's