[rproxy-devel] rdiff deltas not very good compared to pysync, why?

Ben Escoto bescoto@stanford.edu
Sun, 21 Apr 2002 14:46:10 -0700

--==_Exmh_779988256P

Sorry, but you won't get any help from me with rdiff.  My knowledge of
how it works is only theoretical.  But I appreciate all the effort
being done.  Anything that makes rdiff better or more portable does
the same to rdiff-backup.  Also your plans for pysync look very
interesting.  It might be best in the long run if rdiff-backup used a
python module instead of "rdiff" to do the file diff/sig/patch work,
because then rdiff-backup could chroot for extra security without
rdiff falling out of the path.  There are of course some other
considerations (presumably be some speed gains, but on the other hand
maybe installation could become more difficult) but that seemed like
the main one.

--
Ben Escoto

--==_Exmh_779988256P