Backup rdiff-backup-data directory?

Ben Escoto bescoto@stanford.edu
Wed, 03 Apr 2002 17:56:00 -0800

--==_Exmh_858963338P

  JP> Ben, Is there any way to NOT exclude an rdiff-backup-data
  JP> directory? We have a server running rdiff-backups at a remote
  JP> location. We'd like to backup the whole backup repository to a
  JP> central location periodically ... Can it be done?

No, currently there is no way that I can see.  I suppose it would be
possible to add an option to give an arbitrary name to the
rdiff-backup-data directory (so only the new name, and not necessarily
"rdiff-backup-data" would be excluded).  But since each
rdiff-backup-data directory already contains incremental information
(rdiff-backup-data never deletes anything from this directory),
wouldn't it be a waste to save the previous versions?  Why not just
use rsync (or rdiff-backup --mirror-only)?

--
Ben Escoto

--==_Exmh_858963338P

--==_Exmh_858963338P--