Description of file format on web page

Ben Escoto bescoto@stanford.edu
Sat, 08 Dec 2001 03:35:52 -0800

--==_Exmh_-304367286P

I forget who, but someone asked me to describe in more detail how
rdiff-backup stores its information, so someone could make a utility
that did the same thing, or a front end, etc.  Well I finally wrote
one out, see

http://www.stanford.edu/~bescoto/rdiff-backup/format.html

it is not super-formal, but may serve the needs of whoever wanted it.
If not, let me know.

    Next up for rdiff-backup is probably supporting a list of files
via stdin, and then maybe adding security features so it can be run
from a suid script, etc.  All this might wait until after Christmas
though.  The security stuff in particular looks like it might be
hard.

--
Ben Escoto

--==_Exmh_-304367286P